Saturday, November 24, 2012

Restless around Thanksgiving...

Happy Thanksgiving!!
Greetings, everyone!

Just a quick note to wish all of you a happy and healthy Thanksgiving holiday weekend.  I successfully survived not one, not two but THREE Thanksgiving meals this year - another reminder of how blessed I am to have amazing family and friends who are hell-bent on keeping me from achieving my weight goals (I'm trying to avoid looking like the turkey pictured above).

On Wednesday night we had a Thanksgiving celebration with my grandmother who has traveled the world, working in embassies and for the military attaches overseas.  She's still going strong and insisted I have seconds of everything (I love grandmas!).  On Thanksgiving Day my dad flew mom and I to Winnsboro, SC in the Cessna 182 to spend a lovely afternoon with my grandfather who suffered a stroke two years ago the day before Thanksgiving.  He still hasn't regained the power of speech but the love and wisdom that pours from that man requires no voice.  We zipped home (only an hour flight) and I was able to join Miaka and Rich (best friends) in the home of Steve and Sheelagh Cafferky (volunteers at the horse rescue) for yet another amazing feast.  It was great to spend the holiday surrounded by people I admire and adore and who have been so good to me for so many years.  I pray each of you had similar experiences this holiday.  And then, of course, my beloved Cowboys choked royally and lost to the Redskins.  There is no justice!

I'm leaving for the airport shortly to embark (with my older brother) on my first-ever cruise.  Leaving port from Galveston, we'll spend seven (fingers-crossed) sun-filled days aboard the Carnival Magic (pray for no food poisoning) where we'll hit Montego Bay, Jamaica (ATV jungle tour); Grand Cayman (swim with the rays and sea turtles); and Cozumel (two scuba dives) before returning back to Galveston.

My bags are packed, dive bag is ready, and my new camera promises photo-documentation of the adventure.  Stay tuned - details from the trip to the follow...

RR

Are there icebergs in the Western Caribbean??

No comments:

Post a Comment